Thursday, November 24, 2011

Coming Home

"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are." -Anonymous 

Coming home I've done a lot of thinking. Sure, being home has been relaxing and enjoyable but I've come to realize something. What good is a place without the people who mean the most to you? Having met one of the most amazing people in college and spending lots of time together, being away from that sense of freedom, comfort, trust, and tranquility even for merely a week has been eye opening. Like so many people always say, you never know how good something is until its gone; well, they're right. It feels as though being with family just isn't always enough. Now don't get me wrong, I love my family but sometimes you need an escape, something fresh yet familiar, someone you know you can always go to no matter what. 


"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born," -Anias Nin

Throughout my life I have always been hesitant to use the term best friend, until now. While coming home I have been reunited with one, I've been separated from another. My other half, my true best friend. I didn't fully realize I had a true best friend until this week. Being away from the one person I can always talk to no matter what is difficult. However, it's the realization of what I have shared about life and myself with this person that allowed me to realize that they really are my best friend. So, I guess this is my tribute to you, my best friend. I still remember the day I met you and forever will. I look at you and I think: I will never open up to anyone like I opened up for you. I will never let anyone in like this. You're my favorite, my best friend, my other half. Never ever leave me. After all, I don't know what I would do or where I would be without you.


"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours." -Ludwig Van Beethoven

No comments:

Post a Comment