Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One Step towards Inspiration

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

        He went to his piano and just sat and played whatever came to his mind while I wrote. He showed me a song that he made, and he rarely shows or plays for people especially if they ask. He says, “it’s not genuine, you just get a fake response from it.” I was so surprised he played it that after I heard it, all I could say was "wow, that was amazing! How long did it take you?" he replied “about an hour” and I couldn’t believe it, “are you kidding me thats insane! I was said, “I wish I could do stuff like that.”
At this point, I had set my journal down beside me so my full attention was on him. After I said that, there was another pause,
he looked me in the eyes and said,
"it's what I was born to do"
and in that moment, I realized, that was the true David talking to me. I could tell that he was so pure and genuine about what he was saying and that, that real David, hasn’t been out in a long time. One step forward. After a pause, he went back to playing his piano. So I grabbed my journal and wrote everything down.
Now its on our quote wall. And yesterday was the first time he saw it.
He said he didn’t know why it was up there and I simply said “its special, theres a reason its there.” When we walked out of my room, I told him exactly what I just told to you. He looked me in the eyes, smiled, and said in the most genuine tone i’ve heard since that night “thanks.” One step forward. I have never seen him like that any other time or with anyone else.

       Everyone needs inspiration. Sometimes the greatest inspiration comes when we least expect it. You never know when it may come or in what form but welcome it. After all, where would we be without inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment